Introduction and scope
– BetTech Gaming (Proprietary) Limited, registration number 2009/015661/07, is a private company incorporated under and governed by the laws of South Africa (“BetTech” or “we” or “us” or “our“).
– We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We strive to ensure that our use of your Personal Information is lawful, reasonable, and relevant to our business activities, with the ultimate goal of improving our services and your experience.
Your consent to the Processing of your Personal Information
“Personal Information” refers to personal information about an identifiable person. Your Personal Information may include your name and surname, age, date of birth, contact details (e.g. your home address, postal address, email address or phone number), physical location, social media account details and profile pictures. Other information which might be Personal Information may include:
– “device and device event information“: We may collect information such as your IP address, unique device identifier, the nature of the access Device which you used to access the Website, the geographic location from which you accessed our site, hardware model and settings, operating system type and version, browser language, system activity, and crashes;
– “log information“: When you use the Website, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs when you access the Website, which may include your site activity information, such as details of how, when and for how long you accessed the Website, what links you went to, what Website content (“Content“) you accessed, the amount of Content viewed and the order of that Content and the amount of time spent on the specific Content.
– “profile information“: We may collect and Process information and usage data per profile to make targeted recommendations to that profile when logged in to and using the Website; and
– “location information“: We may use various technologies to determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your Access Device (which is usually based on the GPS or IP location).
Personal Information does not include information that has been de-identified to the extent that it cannot be re-identified again.
Personal Information may be Processed by us in several ways, including, when:
– you access, use, refer to, view and/or make use of the Website;
– you submit your Personal Information to us for any other reason;
– you contact us, by email or telephonically or otherwise, with any queries.
We may collect your Personal Information in two ways, namely:
– actively from you; and
– passively from your Access Device when you use the Website.
Active collection from you
– We may collect Personal Information from you by asking you specific questions and by permitting you to communicate directly with us, for example via email, feedback forms, site comments and forums.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Passive collection from your Access Device
– We passively collect some of your Personal Information from the Access Device which you use to access and navigate through the Website, using various technological means, for instance, using server logs to collect and maintain log information.
– A cookie is a small piece of data (an alphanumeric identifier) which our computer system transfers to your Access Device through your web browser when you visit the Website and which is stored in your web browser. When you visit the Website again, the cookie allows the site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information.
– The information which we may passively collect from your Access Device may include your identifying information, contact details, device and device event information, site activity information, log information, telephony log information, location information, unique application numbers and any other information which you permit us, from time to time, to passively collect from your Access Device.
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Website.
We may use your Personal Information:
– to retain and make available to you information on the Website;
– to maintain and update our customer, or potential customer, databases;
– to provide you with the latest information about our services, provided you have agreed to receive such information;
– to communicate with you;
– to compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, click patterns and access to the Website;
– to improve the Website, analyse trends and administer the Website;
– to keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
– to compile, use, disclose and trade with non-personal statistical information about our users and their access to and use of the Website, browsing habits, click-patterns, preferences, demographics which we may use to develop, provide and improve the Website, including targeted advertising to user groups. Please note that the information referred to in this paragraph is aggregate information about our users which has de-identified personal information such that it cannot be linked back to identify you;
– for security, administrative and legal purposes;
– other activities and/or purposes which are lawful, reasonable and adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to provision of the Content, Services and/or Website, our business activities or such other purpose for which it was collected.
We will get your permission before collecting or using your Personal Information for any other purpose.
You agree and consent that your Personal Information may be shared under the following circumstances:
– to our employees, service providers, contractors, dealers and agents if and to the extent that they need to know that information in order to Process it for us and/or to provide services for or to us, such as hosting, development and administration, technical support and other support services. We will authorise any information processing done by a third party on our behalf by entering into written agreements with those third parties governing our relationship with them and containing confidentiality and non-disclosure provisions. Such persons may be disciplined, their contracts terminated or other appropriate action taken if they fail to meet their obligations;
– in order to protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers, employees, contractors, dealers and agents and any other third party;
– in order to mitigate any actual or reasonably perceived risk to us, our customers, employees, service providers, contractors, agents or any other third party;
– to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory bodies if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary:
– to comply with the law or with any legal process;
– to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our affiliates or our customers, employees, contractors and agents or any third party;
– to protect the rights, property or safety of members of the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, we may proactively disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and/or commercial entities).
We may use your Personal Information to compile profiles for statistical purposes and may freely trade with such profiles and statistical data, provided that the profiles or statistical data cannot be linked back to you.
We will get your permission before disclosing your Personal Information to any third party for any other purpose.
We store your Personal Information:
– on our servers; or
– on the servers of our third party service providers, such as IT systems or hosting service providers. In this event, we will ensure that we have entered into written contracts that require such third party service providers to secure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Information in its possession by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures.
From time to time, BetTech and its service providers may need to transfer to and/or store your Personal Information on servers in a jurisdiction other than where it was collected, and we hereby notify you, and you acknowledge, that such jurisdiction may not have comparable data protection legislation.
If the jurisdiction to which Personal Information is transferred does not have laws which provide for the protection of Personal Information in a manner which is at least similar to the protections afforded under South African law, we will take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
We take appropriate reasonable technical and organisational measures to secure the integrity of Personal Information, using accepted technological standards to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your Personal Information, and protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss, alteration or destruction.
We also create a back-up of your information for operational and safety purposes.
Even by taking the above measures when Processing Personal Information, we do not guarantee that your Personal Information is 100% secure. Subject to the provisions of this clause 3, as far as the law allows, we will not be liable for any loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorised access, disclosure, misuse, loss, alteration or destruction of Personal Information.
In this paragraph, you acknowledge that you know and you accept that technology is not absolutely secure and there is a risk that your Personal Information will not be secure when Processed by means of technology. We do not promise that we can keep your Personal Information completely secure. You will not be able to take action against us if you suffer losses or damages in these circumstances.
We may keep Personal Information for as long as you continue to access the Website or for as long as reasonably necessary or until you contact us and ask us to destroy the retained information.
We may keep some or all of your Personal Information if and for as long as:
– we are required by law, a code of conduct or a contract with you to keep it;
– we reasonably need it for lawful purposes related to our functions and activities;
– we reasonably need it for evidentiary purposes;
– you agree to us keeping it for a specified further period; and/or
– it is permitted by law.
Where required by law, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete, not misleading, and up to date.
We also acknowledge that you may have rights of access to, and the right to rectify, your Personal Information, and rights to object to the Processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances.
You must let us know if any information we have about you is incorrect, incomplete, misleading or out of date, by notifying us at the contact details below.
Where required by law, we will take reasonable steps to correct or update the relevant information accordingly having regard to the purpose for which the information was collected or used.
When you submit your Personal Information on the Website, you may receive marketing communications from us.
You may refuse to accept, require us to discontinue, or pre-emptively block any approach or communications from us if that approach or communication is primarily for the purpose of direct marketing (“direct marketing communications”).
You may opt out of receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time by requesting us (in any manner, whether telephonically, electronically, in writing or in person) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you.
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about what you make available. For example, you may:
– set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by us;
– request us to indicate what Personal Information of yours we have on our systems;
– request us to correct or update your personal information or to destroy or delete your personal information;
– object to any unlawful processing of your Personal Information;
– request that your Personal Information is deleted if it is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or required by us in terms of any applicable law; or
– refuse the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
– does or purports to limit or exempt us from any liability (including, without limitation, for any loss directly or indirectly attributable to our gross negligence or wilful default or that of any other person acting for or controlled by us) to the extent that the law does not allow such a limitation or exemption;
– requires you to assume risk or liability for the kind of liability or loss, to the extent that the law does not allow such an assumption of risk or liability; or